"Rooted" may be a better choice of words. What you see above is the top of an actual fence post that used to sit on my property.

The photograph above represents what I eventually came to see whenever I paid it a visit. So I brought it to life with my camera and some computer software simply as an exercise in creativity.

I can only attest for the 23 years I have lived here but local historians believe it's a good bet this post was probably placed in the ground over a hundred years ago. The general consensus is that it was set where it shouldn't of been; just outside my property line.

So last spring when the city of Alpine was reassessing it's property the location of my errant post was duly noted.

When I took down the fence [by demand] this post was so stubborn I had to pull it out with a tow chain hitched to the chassis of my truck. Apparently it was placed in the ground when it was still alive and as a result of an apparent "last gasp" effort, it sprouted roots. Seriously, a fence post with actual roots.

My wife has labeled me as a know-it-all (and as she is one herself she must certainly be correct). Know it or not it's her rhetoric reference to the the fact that my opinions are rooted in 62 years of experience. The fence post story illustrates the fact that right or wrong, in the end, even the most established and rooted of "whatever" can be dislodged with proper persuasion. So please feel free to attempt to dislodge any of my opinions that follow if deemed necessary.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

They shoot bloggers don’t they?

I should shoot myself in the head for this post.

There’s nothing worse than being called a racist, except for maybe being called a pedophile or a sex offender.

Nobody wants to be called a racist.

Which is exactly why the minorities in this country use the accusation to promote their agenda and silence their opposition.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton realized this a long time ago and have perfected and massaged the technique into very lucrative professions.

Yes it can be said that whites, of generations past, due primarily to a disparity of numbers between the races (people abuse people everywhere) have abused blacks. Yet no people anywhere have done more to lift up blacks than white America.

America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known, anywhere in the world, even today.

The pendulum swings? Who exactly are the racists in America today?

I’ll say it. Primarily the blacks, and many Hispanics are foolishly following suit.

The largest group of illegal immigrants that ‘get it’ and are thus capable of showing respect for independence and personal freedom while working their way out of the shadows are the Asians. Perhaps it is because no race has been slaughtered in more significant numbers by dictatorial and oppressive governments than the Asians.

I can honestly say I’ve never met an Asian I didn’t like. Both Blacks and Hispanics should take note.

On the other hand, as an innocent adolescent I lived in the south and learned first hand that there was a marked difference between regular black folks and niggers. Niggers gave all black folk a bad name. Same as trailer trash and ‘crackers’ gave white folk a bad name, as well as white whores and drunk Irish thugs and Italian gangsters gave their race or heritage a bad name. In fact, where I grew up there were white folks we called niggers.

Yet for the reason I state above you can’t call a nigger a nigger anymore. Go figure.

I lived in the south, and later lived in the San Francisco bay area. As a result I’ve know and been friends with a lot of black folk in my life. I liked most all of them, they added a new perspective to my life and thus enhanced it. They all had a sense of humor no matter their situation and they all loved life in general. Based entirely on my personal experience I view them to this day as great musicians, dancers, athletes and thinkers. And that’s saying something. Again, as the numbers go, I’ve met a lot more ignorant, bad, stupid white folk as I have black folk.

Top of my list of niggers:
  • The 'Reverend' Jeremiah Wright
  • The 'Reverend' Al Sharpton
  • The 'Reverend' Jesse Jackson
  • The tax cheat Charlie Rangle

Ever see one of those guys dance, make an athletic move, sing, play a musical instrument, display a sense of humor or even think? Me either.

I could go on but I’ve already said too much.

- Me Self

P.S. - For the record I do not know the etymology of the word “nigger” so I may be out of line here. On the other hand, maybe not. The meaning of words change from generation to generation.

I have a beautiful sand covered campground with an awesome natural rock fire pit on my property with a creek running on its edge and all of my daughter’s twenty-something friends refer to it as “sick” because... they love it.

Also, there's three sentences above I plagiarized from a Pat Buchanan op-ed because he said exactly what I was thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment